Friday, May 30, 2014

GOING HOME FROM CHURCH






When you walk out of church how do you feel most of the time?


by Pastor Ed Tarno

I have been told by many people this last year they were not happy with their church. And the reason almost each gave was the same. The people were just not friendly. Well, my question to all who have ever thought that is this. We should ask ourselves why we attend that church or any church for that matter.

Going to church should not be for fellowship as important as that may be. Let me give you the word. Psalm 122:1 "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." Now may I remind you again, and you surely know this, there are no perfect churches or pastors or people within that body of believers or any other. That is a taken. I believe every child of God who is really born again needs to be joined with others in a building somewhere and serve and worship with others. Do I hear an Amen to this statement? I love going to church. I enjoy seeing each one every Sunday morning.

Their handshakes, hugs and smiles encourage me. The music lifts my spirits. The prayers, testimonies, and Bible teaching motivate me. However, none of those things are the real reasons I go. You see; I can get handshakes and hugs in a civic club meeting. I can find music on the radio. If I want more knowledge, I can go back to school. I go to church for more than those things. I go to church because I need to fellowship with the living God in the midst of His people. I need to spend time with Him and worship in His house!

There is something special about meeting God with other believers. Jesus said in Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them." And that is the key to coming to church…God is among them. Oh I know; he is with each of us, outside of church, but there should be most of the time that you feel and sense just as the Psalmist said, I was glad when someone said it is church time. That is my translation. And another thought is this.

You should know inside of you this is where God would have you attend. That is the conclusion my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment