Saturday, May 31, 2014

R U THIRSTY?





I remember when I first arrived in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm, and as we came off the airplane, we each were given a 2 liter bottle of water. We congregated together as we were issued orders that "NO ONE" will leave this tarmac until they drink all the water given us. Thirsty or not, we drank it all down. The reason behind this as they were giving us an indoctrination to the region that it was possible to get dehydrated without realizing it. The temperatures were seriously hot during the day and "Zero-Dark-Thirty" as we say for the middle of the night, it got extremely cold.


I read something recently, where they say if we start our day with an eight oz glass of cold water, it will jumpstart our system and help burn off calories quicker. Yes, that's me raising my hand asking for a gallon or two. Another thing I always teach new Christians is when you wake up in the morning before getting out of bed, lay there for a few minutes and pray. Give thanks to the LORD, and let him know whatever he has planned for the day--"Thy will be done."


John 7:37 now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 he who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" 39 but this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.


Jesus steps up and invites the thirsty to come to Him. Whether we realize it or not, each person has a deep thirst for Christ. Most often though, we turn to temporary things (i.e. romance, gadgets, food, work, etc.) for fulfillment. Are you letting your thirsty soul drink deep of who Jesus is?


Jesus, here and now, I turn to you to supply for my need. Forgive me of my sin. Heal my wounds. You are my sustenance. As my body depends on water for life, may you fill my desert soul with your Holy Spirit so that I may overflow.


No comments:

Post a Comment